With 2019 in review and 2020 coming closer, I am sorting out a few things related to open-source projects I am maintaining.
The following projects have been moved so far:
The following projects will be moved:
At the moment, I have ~350 public repositories under my personal account. Most of these repositories are forks of projects I have contributed to in the past, and only a few of them are sources.
By moving the source repositories to a separate organization:
- they become more visible to me and can be more easily be discovered by others
- they become less attached to my person and maintenance can be can be more easily transferred to collaborators when necessary
- adding and managing maintainers or collaborators becomes a lot easier
If you are using any of the packages provided by these repositories: thank you! I am happy that I - standing on the shoulders of giants - have built something useful for others.
In any case, take a look at
CHANGELOG.md; I have provided instructions for updating. In most cases, the only things that have changed are vendor prefixes (from
ergebnis) and namespaces (from
Perhaps you have been considering to do something similar?
Here is an example of how I moved
- transfer ownership
- rename references
- rename namespace
- provide details on how to update in
- submit package
- ensure that integration with Packagist works
- abandon package
localheinz/test-utilon Packagist and suggest
ergebnis/test-utilas a replacement
- tag and push a new major release of
- update packages previously using
ergebnis/test-util, for example, in
- keep fingers crossed
At the same time, I am archiving a few projects that I have never brought to a stage that makes sense keeping them around:
If you need any help, let me know, and I will see what I can do.